Alberta Health Services
Family Visitation Maternal and Indigenous Health
First Steps connects with women who are currently pregnant or up to six months post-partum who are struggling with or have struggled with an addiction. This is a voluntary program that supports women.
- Provide support to reduce alcohol and/or substance use.
- Finding strengths in each woman and building on those strengths.
- Increasing connections through belonging and purpose
- Increasing community connections,
- Reflecting and recognizing skills used through previous challenges.
- Providing support with legal and custody concerns.
- Sharing information on family planning.
- Setting goals that are achievable.
- Sharing current information so each woman can make the best decisions for themselves and their families.
- Referrals to appropriate supports for each woman.
Program Referral Form