The Parent-Child Assistance Program (PCAP) provides support to Indigenous women who report alcohol and/or drugs abuse; are pregnant or up to six months after birth; are not engaged with other community services or are at risk of having a child prenatally exposed to alcohol or drugs. The goals of the program can include:
- prevention of future alcohol or drug exposed children;
- effective family planning;
- drug & alcohol treatment;
- stable housing;
- children living within their own families;
- effective child care and connecting to community services.