People with FASD, lived experience with FASD, and caregivers of people with FASD can now apply for financial support to attend the Canada FASD Conference this November.
Travel Award Details
There are limited travel awards available to help people with FASD, lived experience with FASD, and caregivers attend the Canada FASD Conference in November 2023. These funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2023.
If you are picked to receive an award (or subsidies), you will get a certain amount of money to help you come to Saskatoon for the Canada FASD Conference. The chart below outlines the amount of money for each province/territory.
|Jurisdiction||Maximum Travel Award Amount|
These awards are for people FASD, lived experience with FASD, and caregivers. If you are coming to the conference on behalf of an organization, you are not eligible for a travel award.
Criteria for Lived Experience Travel Awards
The goal of these awards is to provide accessibility to people with FASD, lived experience with FASD, and caregivers from the jurisdictions from the Canada Northwest FASD Partnership.
To make the awards fair and equitable, the Governments of Alberta and Saskatchewan, on behalf of the Canada Northwest FASD Partnership, created the following criteria for travel award applicants:
- Is the applicant from Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories, or Nunavut?
- Is the applicant either a person with FASD, lived experience with FASD, and or a caregiver?
- Does the applicant have any other funding to attend the Conference? If the applicant advises yes, then the total award may be reduced by the value of what the applicant declares.
- Did the applicant apply prior to the deadline for application?
Depending on interest, applications received after the deadline may still be considered.
How to apply
You can apply for a travel award on the Canada FASD Conference website. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need support with your application. If your application is successful, we will contact you by email with further details.
In order to be eligible for these awards, you must:
- Have FASD, lived experience with FASD, or care for someone with FASD (i.e. in-home or in-body experience with FASD);
- Have your tickets for the Canada FASD Conference;
- Be located in one of the jurisdictions listed above;
- Not be attending the conference on behalf of an organization;
- Apply before June 30, 2023.
These awards are funded by the Canada Northwest FASD Partnership and supported by the partnering jurisdictions.
Please be aware of internet scams. We will not ask you for your financial information. Please contact email@example.com if you receive a suspicious email about the Canada FASD Conference. Information about travel subsidies for student presenters will be available soon.
The post Support announced for families to attend the Canada FASD Conference appeared first on CanFASD.